Non-Toxic Nail Polish Colors - Honeybee Gardens Non-Toxic Nail Polish is an alternative to solvent-based nail enamel. This unique water-based nail polish is free from harsh chemical odors and is non-toxic and earth-friendly. Does NOT contain FD&C colors, toluene, dibutyl phthalate, xylene, or formaldehyde.
Weight: 0.50 ounce
What People Say:
"I went searching for non-toxic nail polish and ordered some for my daughter and I to try, and I really liked it. I ordered it in several colors. We primarily use it on our toenails. It lasts a long time on our toes, but since itís water-based, you cannot remove it with acetone nail polish remover. Grain alcohol will work though. I have found that it doesnít stay on my fingernails very well, but then again, neither do any of the commercial nail polishes. Also it is really easy to touch up if places chip off without having to repaint the whole nail. Overall, itís a great product, and much healthier than the other petroleum-based polishes." L.F., New Braunfels, TX
Preparation - Wash and dry nails thoroughly before using polish. If you have dry nails we recommend moisturizing the nails first before applying polish. Wait until all moisturizer is absorbed before applying polish.
Drying time - Dries to tack free nearly as fast as regular polish. Two thin coats will dry faster than one thick. Cold hands, low temperatures and high humidity can prolong drying time. The more time you give it to cure properly, the longer it will wear. You may choose to apply it at night when the day's activities are done. However, because the film is quite thin, worn areas at the tips or scratches can be easily touched up to create a freshly-applied appearance.
Removing - Acetone polish removers will not work at removing this polish because this is not a solvent-based polish. Apply vodka or grain alcohol (such as Everclear) to a cotton ball and apply to the nail for a few seconds, then proceed to rub off while applying gentle pressure. It may take a few swipes longer than you're used to, but the product will come off. People with dry or porous nails may need to work at it longer. Wash hands with soap and water thoroughly after removal. You may find this product is a bit more difficult to remove from toe nails, because toe nails are naturally drier. Polish may become more difficult to remove as time passes so it is suggested the polish be removed at intervals of one week or less.
Dry Nails Ė Polish can be more difficult to remove if you have dry nails. If so, apply a small amount of cuticle oil or any good oil like jojoba, sweet almond, olive, etc. into nails until the shininess disappears and the oil is absorbed into the nail. Then polish as usual. You may want to remove the polish after one week of wear. Moisturize after removing polish.
water, water-miscible acrylic, polyurethane formers and thickeners, non-ionic soaps. May contain: ultramarine blue, carmine, mica, iron oxides, and/or titanium dioxide.
Group: Honeybee Gardens WaterColors Nail Polish, non-toxic nail polish